Saturday, August 13, 2011

So about the interview...

So, my interview on Thursday went very well. I was enjoying the interview, there was good questions, and good answers, and some laughs, which I think is good. The two HR people interviewing me mentioned towards the end of the interview, that if I hear back from them, that they would want me to come back in and meet with the HR Director, (the person who would be my boss). Well then the interview continued, and they suprised me and said, "lets go see if Linda (the HR Director) is available now." And she was. She a very sarcastic person, and I apprecieated her sarcastic take on HR, and she told me that in the 7 years she has been at that company 6 out of 8 of her HR consultants went on to become HR Managers or HR Directors. (Good money that is). So I am excited that she would be a great boss to mentor me on HR policies and all other things HR related. I got an email today, saying that I am one of the top candidates being considered for the job, but that they still had a few more interviews to finish up with. They plan to make a decision by the end of next week. That seems to be a really long ways away! So will this be the beginning to my career in HR? Will I find that I like as I think I will, or that I hate it, and only like learning about HR?
We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment