Thursday, August 18, 2011

Tiny little black bugs, with wings, and some have lots of legs....

So the other night, at my place of employment, which has some people sleeping behind closed doors, on beds, as such...
I had this guest who asked to speak to a manager, which meant very important information was about to be shared with me, most likely negative. I approach the guest, (and please keep in mind I am approachaphobic, where as I don't like someone approaching me, especially when wearing clicky shoes, or carrying an ax of some sort). Henceforth, the guest made a point of itching his legs with the bottom of his flip flops, and he told me that he had woken up to the feeling of being bitten by bugs. He then revealed the horrifying details with me that he peeled back the sheets, to see that there were little black bugs ALL over his bed. There was even a location where it appeared they had laid their eggs, and were milling about waiting for the happy births. Anywho, I promptly call engineering, and given the magnitude of the "creepy" factor, I decided to go up to the room with the engineer to investigate the matter with my own eyes. (I mean really who doesn't want to see the spectacular horror of a bed full of black bugs) So we get up to the room, quite promptly I might add, and the guest pulls back to the sheet to show me the worst of the worst, the egg laying gathering, upon, which very quickly, I become aware of the fact that it is black lint on the lovely white sheets. Oh, and it gets better, he had "collected" two of them to hand over gingerly to Engineering, or the tooth fairy, whichever came first. So Engineering, who quickly recognized the lack of life and "bugness" in these black specks, carefully placed the "bugs" on a piece of paper to take to his lab and further investigate under a microscope. The guest even explained to us that the one he saw had lots of legs, and one of the ones he collected had wings, (very tiny unmoving wings, mind you). The guest was moved to a grand room for the remainder of his night. The next morning, I had the great pleasure of checking this "gentle"man out, and he told me that the situaiton would have been much worst, had his wife been with him. (Ummm right, becuase she would have pointed out to you that you were blind, and that it was black lint, and that your were a damn idiot!) All I can say is, Yowzers, his wife must be constantly entertained, similar to when your child is 3, and believes that eating the sticky stuff off the floor is yummy.
~ I have to say, I was initially tempted to smash my hand down in the egg laying area, and say "Oh my god, they got me, they got me," and promptly fall to the floor, as if eaten by tiny black bugs.

1 comment: